- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts (unroasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon(OPTIONAL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (OPTIONAL)
1. over medium heat bring the water and 1/4 cup sugar to a boil.
2. Sir in the nuts when the sugar has dissolved. Stir occasionally to coat the nuts.
3. After about 2 mins-(340°F) Add any spices or flavors(cinnamon, chili, nutmeg or vanilla) stir vigorously. In about a minute, the water will evaporate and the sugar will crystallize on the nuts. Turn off the heat immediately when all of the sugar has crystallized on the nuts, but keep stirring. The finishing state the sugar should be caramelized light brown. Pour the nuts onto a plate to cool.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.